Saturday, September 06, 2008

We did it!!

Today Traci, Jen, and I hiked to the summit of Mt Olympus. It was really hard, although it was harder on the way down than on the way up. Still, it was worth it. It took us a long time, about 3.5 hours to get up, and about 1.75 hours to get back down, add a few rests in and we were on the mountain for over 6 hours. Oh, the pain. But, again, good pain.


This dog was described to us as a "Summit Dog" - Not scared of bouldering, but it was scared of us.


View from the top

I did indeed make it

Look mad were the instructions, it's kind of our thing, I guess

Jennifer and Traci, I think this is some kind of Kaysville thing

While on our way up to the summit, you are forced to do a little bouldering, we took a wrong turn and ended up on the dangerous side. It got a little scary, but we made it. In the process we found out the my cousin Jen is surefooted like a mountain goat.

6 comments:

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

Wow I am impressed! You guys both look really mad in that picture. I like the mad pictures the best. I think Jen's new nickname should be: Jen The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

Awesome, Maren! That is my new name. Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West. Behold, my surefooted powers!

Are you guys sore? My back/shoulder muscles and my leg muscles are just slightly sore but I'm major sunburned on my arms. Overall, I think we should do this again!

Riley Crockett - Pug of the Wild Frontier said...

Looking back at the Kaysville gang sign picture, I would have to say I look constipated. Are constipated pictures as good as mad pictures? I sure hope so. How do you like my updated profile pic? I really worked hard on it.

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

Whoops! I told Riley to type that in for me but she forgot to use my account. As the little boy on the mountain said, "For shame! For shame! It wasn't my fault!" Works every time.

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

Okay... I have our next hiking destination.

Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Nebo_(Utah)

What do ya think?

I am Laura said...

You guys are doing awesome. Looks like fun. Ben should be jealous.