Friday, July 04, 2008

July 11, greatest day of the year!

Why, you may be asking, is July 11 a great day. Well, I'm glad you asked, I'll tell you. To start off, the new HellBoy comes out that day. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Hellboy, but I did like it. It was a little soft around the edges, not dark enough, not serious enough, too cartoony. The new one looks like it's much more intense, so I am way excited to see it. Now that Hancock is out and getting bad reviews, Hell Boy becomes my #2 most anticipated movie this summer (after The Dark Knight).

Second, on July 11 we are having a family dinner. I know that really only affects me, but still I'm excited for it.

Another thing that happens on July 11? I will be watching the new episode of Burn Notice, USA's summer hit from last year. Seriously, this show is awesome. Now, technically, the show comes out on the 10th, but I'm gonna be watching it on the 11th. I just am.

Originally I thought that the new Strongbad game for the wii was going to come out on the 11th, but I can no longer find any proof of that, so I may have imagined it, or dreamed it or something. But, there's no evidence that it's not going to come out on the 11th, so I am going to count that, too.

Finally, the coup de gras, the new iphone comes out on the 11th. Now, most of you are probably thinking, "Great, the new iphone, whoop dee doo." Well, I say to you, you don't know until you have lived it. Buy one, and then you will see, everything is different after the iphone becomes a part of your life. Sunsets are more beautiful, food tastes better, life seems more exciting. In a post iphone world there is unending peace and prosperity.

Let me just give you one example: Let's say that you are at Blockbuster, you are thinking of renting a movie, but you aren't sure what you want. You saw the previews for "Jumper", and it looked pretty good. However, trailers can be deceiving. So you want to know what critics had to say. If you are a normal, everyday Joe, you are plumb out of luck. But, in an iphone enhanced reality, you can look up that information on the internet, while you are browsing the shelves. Results: you find out that jumper was a huge disappointment, disaster averted. Instead you rent Sling Blade, which you had never heard of, but Billy Bob Thornton is in it and it turns out is awesome. This is true power, right at your fingertips. Plus, it also doubles as a phone.

3 comments:

I am Laura said...

Wow! That is a lot of things on one day. Ben was going to get the iphone, but then opted for a verizon palm. I think on the 11th he will be sad not to be getting the iphone.

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

I don't think iphone users should be rubbing it in to non-iphone users that a new and improved iphone is coming. That's just bourgeoisie-ism. Yeah, I said it. Bourgeoisie-ism. Which is the very defination of you rich iphone users and your posh AT&T plans. Has it come to this? Are you iphone's patsy now? May the new iphone be riddled with inconveniences and the AT&T bill come in novel format... all 365 pages (again).

Take the Blackberry Curve for example. It can do everything you just said about the iphone plus more, in my proletariat opinion.

Sally said...

You forgot that July 11th is also FREE SLURPEE DAY at ALL 7-elevens throughout the country! I can't believe you didn't know that.