Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A special thanks to Alex Albrecht, Jeff Cannata, and Dan Trachtenberg (hosts of the Totally Rad Show) for reminding me of a forgotten piece of my youth. Leroy v. Sho'nuff - the final fight scene of The Last Dragon. Take a look:




When my brother and I were boys, we used to act this scene out. Justin would usually initiate, "Who is the master?!?"

If you've watched the clip, you may be asking, "These fine actors, what happened to them?" Well, I'll tell you, Julius Carry, aka Sho'nuff aka the Shogun of Harlem, is still acting, mostly in TV shows, but one notable appearance was in the summer blockbuster "The New Guy", he played "Coach". "The New Guy" made almost $30,000,000 at the box office.

Leroy Green, real name . . . wait for it . . . Taimak. Just Taimak. He still acts, looks like a lot of martial arts movies, but they are still making B martial arts movies so he's got a pretty solid thing going.

Laura Charles, who played the damsel in distress, she also only has one name, Vanity. She was a Canadian Model. Her last recorded part was in '95. (Last Dragon came out in '85).

What about the white guy, aka Mr. Corrupted Moneybags, aka Eddie Arkadian? His name is Christopher Murney. His most recent gig was as a voice actor for the video game Neverwinter Nights 2.

Here's some more 80's magic.



William H. Macy is in this clip. He's still around. The good stuff is at 1:01 and 4:30.

2 comments:

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

I wish every day was 80's day so I could descend from a tripped out disco light to perform like I was high on my cloud crowd!

How did I miss this gem of a movie?! Dang! I need to get me Sho'nuff's red tiger ensemble. 2:15 - 2:30 on the first video... movie magic! But my favorite part is when Leroy catches the bullet in his mouth.

And now to my video hot pick of the week. And it is hot. I say we rock on with The Last Dragon!

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

Good work on updating your blog as of late. Keep it up.