Friday, August 29, 2008

Another week, Another hike

Today we went with my cousin Jen (if you are reading this then you know who Jen is, because you, Jen, are the only one the reads my blog) to hike up Mount Aire. This hike was supposed to be a little more difficult than last weeks hike, Alexander Basin. It was actually a little easier, but it was a decent work out, all the same. Here are some pics.






Next week I think we are going to try Mount Olympus. We aren't ready yet to complete such a hike, but I think we will go as far as we can, and turn back. It will be a good warm up and give us an idea of how close we are to being able to do it. (I actually think that we could do all now it if we were determined, but, oh, how we would pay for such hubris afterwords.)

3 comments:

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

We look pissed and when I say we I mean you guys!

So, I'm a little sore today... not bad but definitely worked the leg muscles yesterday. Can't wait to do it again next week!

Jen - The Human Mountain Goat of the Wild West said...

Okay, I totally lied at 12:27 PM today. I'm feelin' the hurt now! I'm moving around like some 90 year old woman! D@#$ you ellipitcal machine and squats/lunges! You have done absolutely nothing.

I am Laura said...

I'm offended. I read your blog too. Well, I read it from google reader so you don't always know that I have read it -- meaning it doesn't show that I visited your blog. But rest assured I am one of your fans. Good job on all the hiking. Ben wishes I would be more outdoorsy. Maybe one day.