Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Up in the Night

I have been remiss in my blogging duties of late, so I guess this blog post will tell you why.

I got a new job a couple of weeks ago, nothing profound, it's a $12 an hour temp job at the Univeristy of Utah. I do billing for the hospital, which means that I call the insurance company and say, "I want my two dollars!" Or $200,000, as the case may be.

Anyway, it pays the student loans until I can get more gainful employment.

I have also been working for Famous Fashions Found. They are an online fashion retailer. We are in the process of moving the site to a new host will all kinds of new capabilities, like affiliate marketing, promotions, and stuff.

This is what a day looks like for me:

Traci wakes up early, like 6:00 to get ready for her work, she's on the 4 10s with the state so she needs to be into work by 7:30 so she can go home at 6:00. Long days, but it means that she has 3-day weekends. Usually I try to sleep for another 30 minutes or so because then I will be ready about the same time and we go into work together. We are living in Sandy for a few months and we both work downtown so we drive together.

So, I start work around 8:00, and I am off around 4:30. Then I go over to the library to wait for Traci and work on Famous Fashions. We drive home together at 6:30, get something to eat for dinner, and maybe relax for a few minutes, that makes it about 8:00. I will then try to put in a few more hours of work before going to bed.

I do this every day but Friday, when I can leave early because I don't have to wait for Traci. Saturday this week involved winterizing the rental house, looking for a washer and dryer, and then another days worth of work on Famous Fashions.

Now some of you might be medical residents or something like that, and you are probably thinking, "Wow, sounds like a pretty light week."

The temp job at the U is low stress, the hospitals and the insurance companies have computer systems that talk to each other, so I am not so much collecting on bad debt as I am correcting information in the computer system so the bills go through correctly and get paid. 80% of the time after the hospital staff has input the information into the computer system, the billing goes out, the insurance receives it, and pays the bills without being without and human intervention.

Going from being not busy at all, to very busy, has messed with my routine. I haven't been to the gym (although I hurt my back 3 weeks ago, so I wouldn't have been for 2 weeks anyway), I haven't been posting fascinating blog entries, and worst of all, I haven't been able to watch nearly as much TV. That's not right.

So, the other weird thing is that I am having trouble sleeping, so it's about 5:00AM right now, I have been up since 3:00, can't sleep. I guess I am off to the gym, I was up to running 3 miles, before the injury, I'd like to get back to it soon.

1 comment:

The G-Funk! said...

I didn't realize the strong relationship you and TV had, and I bet TV is really missing you too. You guys had a good thing going on together.