Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Feature - Qik Feed

I finally broke down and jailbroke my phone (pun, pun, PUN, pun). Jailbreaking the iphone allows you to add functionality that apple hasn't approved. One such function is Qik. Qik is live streaming from my phone. So I can take videos from the phone and while I am doing so, if you are watching my blog, you'll be seeing what I see. There's a 2 or 3 second delay, but it's pretty close to live. So, enjoy it.

Also, if nothing is being recorded live, you can watch the latest video by clicking on the Qik button on the video, it will bring up thumbnails of the last few videos I have shot.

Granted the quality is low, but I think . . . this is mindblowingly cool. I'm a geek like that.

There's a video from this morning of the spider that we set up in our office, instead of working. Beautiful.

4 comments:

I am Laura said...

your work looks boring.

Jake said...

Amen and Amen. Cubicles, office chairs, rules about browsing on "company time" and the stench of forsaken dreams.

However, I can listen to books on tape, so while the work itself is boring, my time here is actually fairly enriching.

Stay tuned for videos of puppies, BTW.

Riley Crockett - Pug of the Wild Frontier said...

Jake the genius! That's your name! I want you to jailbrake my iphone when you and Traci give me one for Christmas... I mean it could be SO insightful to have a live video feed on my blog. The happenings of your pet. Admit it... you're intrigued at the prospect. I would have to agree the work looks a little boring but the spider made it all worth it. Tell me what it's like to work at a place where it smells of the stench of forsaken dreams? I'd like to know.

The G-Funk! said...

When are you going to update your blog, when!?! I would like to know what is going on in your life.