Thursday, April 16, 2009

My only problem with Susan Boyle . . .

Is that I don't think she's real. Inspiring, but planted.

My heartstrings were yanked on, just like the other gajillions of people currently watching the youtube video. But, I remember the same basic set up a few years ago. I remember Paul Potts. I remember being inspired when I heard the something divine coming out of what looked to be a homely vessel.



Notice anything eerily familiar in the set up??? Well, hold on, there's more. A little later, on America's Got Talent, there was this guy . . .



Besides the obvious similarity of song choice (he may have known about Paul Potts, chosen the same song deliberately). It's a popular piece. Notice the caption, 'insurance salesman.' Not unlike 'cel phone salesman.' Now we have Susan Boyle. Sorry about the link, they've disabled embedding (infuriating!).

Susan Boyle

Never been kissed, lives at home with the cats, full of confidence. It feels manufactured. I think that people who make TV for a living know what appeals to people, and I think for millions of dollars they are willing to manufacture so-called reality TV. Is it possible that the whole thing is on the level? Of course it is. If I had to put money on it, I'd go with created, not discovered.

There's more, here's another example of success in Britain, copied in America: Connie Talbot



Kaitlyn Maher



Neal Boyd and Kaitlyn Maher were both on the 3rd season of America's Got Talent, just months after Paul Potts and Connie Talbot faced off (they were 1st and 2nd respectively) on Britain's Got Talent. I'm seeing patterns, maybe I'm crazy.

1 comment:

Will said...

And to be totally frank, she isn't that great of a singer.